The most difficult for me in a healthy way of life is physical exercise. We constantly have to persuade, motivate, come up with new options that seem interesting. Of course, I feel much better when I am regularly engaged: the energy level rises, the mood improves, the back and knees stop whining and ache. And nevertheless, it is given to me more difficulty, than, for example, refusal of harmful products or meditation. Because of this “dislike” for sports, I’m trying to figure out how to calculate the optimal (in my case, the minimum) level of load, so as not to torture myself once again, Reviewing this topic, I came across such information.
You May Also Read:
If you do not exercise regularly and are not particularly mobile during the day, even a small increase in physical activity will do you good. Any physical activity that leads to a marked increase in the heart rate, for example, aerobic exercise, is especially useful for disease prevention. Various studies show that walking with a duration of only 1-2 hours per week (that is, 15-20 minutes per day) reduces the likelihood of a heart attack, stroke or diabetes, reduces the risk of premature death.
The 2018 Guidelines for Physical Activity for Americans indicate that healthy adults are recommended at least 2-2.5 hours of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise or a minimum of 1-1.5 hours of intense aerobic exercise per week, and it is better to combine them. To reduce the risk of injury, it is better to distribute this load evenly throughout the week, for example, to exercise at an energetic pace for 20-25 minutes for two days in a row, and two more days for 30 minutes at a moderate pace.
There is nothing wrong with evenly distributing the load, doing only a few minutes a day, but not less than 10 minutes. Adults should also perform strength exercises at least twice a week. For children, the rate of physical activity is at least an hour or more per day, according to their age characteristics.
In theory, everything sounds clear and simple, but in reality, it is much more difficult: unfortunately, even for 30 minutes a day it is not easy to find many. Therefore, it seems to me that one should try to make easy adjustments to everyday habits. To extract as much health benefits as possible from each day, try to take into account in your daily life these tips for increasing physical activity.
Daily Exercise Tips
1. Choose classes that you like. Exercises can be considered very many types of physical activity: dancing, walking, gardening, yoga, cycling, playing football. To make it easier to start moving, choose an activity that sets you in motion.
2. Break down the physical load. It is not necessary to perform all the exercises in one sitting. For 10 minutes of training in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening will bring the same benefit, how many and 30 minutes at a time.
3. Activity with a friend. The presence of a partner will help you not to turn around and force you to get up off the couch.
4. Walk a little faster. If you are strolling, accelerate the pace, because brisk walking is better to Control Weight than leisurely. What should be the pace? Imagine that you agreed to have dinner with someone and are a little late. You can count how many steps you take per minute: 120-135 steps correspond to a speed of 5 to 6.5 kilometers per hour, this is a good rate. If you are moving slower, try to speed up the pace for a short while on different days of the week. In time, you will notice that your step has accelerated.
5. Spend your lunchtime in motion. Do not sit in one place for the whole lunch break. For example, choose for lunch places that are in a 15-20 minute walk.
6. Try using a variety of pedometers, which are now distributed in large numbers for free in the form of applications for iOS or Android. I pedometer is motivated to put daily individual records.
7. Walk the stairs. If possible, use a staircase instead of elevators and escalators.
8. Walk an extra stop on foot. Getting to the house by bus or subway, get off one or two stops earlier and stroll the rest of the way.
9. Park away. If you are going to work or on business, specifically leave your car away. Maybe it’s not a big load, but if you combine all the steps you’ve taken in this way in a few weeks or months, you’ll get a good workout. Especially in Washington, for example, it is almost impossible to park near your destination.
10. Let the sport enter your home. Think about buying a cardio for home: it can be a treadmill, an exercise bike or an elliptical trainer. Models designed for home, much more convenient than you think, and do not take up much space. We have a running track at home, and my husband visits her almost every day, along with watching the news.
11. Communicate with the family. Take walks with a friend, spouse or the whole family in the morning or evening.
12. Seek professional help. In my case, it works: I found a wonderful coach, which besides motivating me to do, makes every activity interesting, varied and useful for me and my state at the time of classes.
13. Encourage yourself. Try to set goals to participate in useful activities, for example, charity races or marathons (this is now very fashionable). Participation in them will give you motivation. Set short-term goals and reward yourself for achieving them. But not cakes and buns! Think of some rewards that are related to fitness, for example, a new training suit or heart rate monitor.